The platforms associated with REKLIM...
- significantly contribute to the dialogue process between the scientific community and society at large;
- offer information and data on a broad range of topics, tailored to the user’s specific needs;
- are continually refined to better meet user needs and on the basis of user feedback;
- are designed as open portals, and are available to new collaborative partners;
- allow societally relevant research findings to be precisely integrated into informational, educational and decision-making processes.
With the help of regional climate scenarios, past climate developments can be compared. Using this method, users can determine whether the changes they observe are due to natural variations or might instead be the result of anthropogenic greenhouse-gas emissions.
North German Climate AtlasWith the ‘North German Climate Atlas’, the North German Climate Office provides essential information regarding the current state of research on potential future climate changes in North Germany. Designed to be interactive, the Atlas is based on more than 120 regional climate scenarios contributed by various research projects.
Regional Climate Atlas
The ‘Regional Climate Atlas’ for Germany provides valuable information regarding the current state of research on potential future climate changes in Germany. The ‘Regional Climate Atlas’ draws on regional climate scenarios contributed by various research institutes, which are subsequently collated for Germany and analysed at the national and regional scale. Designed to be interactive, the main goal of the ‘Regional Climate Atlas’ is to provide answers to users’ questions. It is currently based on more than 120 regional climate scenarios produced by various research projects.